Guest Informational Guide on COVID 19
Thank you for your attention to the following:
BASIC MEASURES AGAINST THE TRANSMISSION OF COVID-19
Hand washing, use of sanitizers, avoiding handshakes, keeping physical distancing, avoiding touching the face with the hands and generally following basic personal and respiratory hygiene measures.
ACTION PLAN – COORDINATOR – SUPERVISORS
The Action Plan is the written presentation of preventive measures for the hotel and all its subsections. The management of the hotel has appointed a coordinator to oversee the implementation of the Action Plan. Our hotel has also designated supervisors for the observance of the protocols for each individual department (e.g. F&B, Housekeeping, etc.)
HOTEL FRONT DESK – CHECK IN
Hygiene Measures and Disinfection ? Hand disinfection by contactless device at entering the Reception area.
Thermal screening ? Thermal controls (laser) for elevated body temperature are performed at check-in. Daily thermal controls performed on all our employees upon arrival at work.
Contactless Check-In ? Our hotel has adopted the practice of contactless check-in via digital application. All the necessary information is digitally filled by the guest, resulting in maximum security and reliability of the information. Compulsory extension of check-in and check-out hours between stays (Check-in as from 3.00 pm and check-out until 11.00 am).
Payments ? Possibility of electronic payment of all accommodation expenses, electronic sending of bills, invoices, and receipts. Use of P.O.S. for all transactions.
Remote controls and informational leaflets ? Remote controls are delivered by the hotel reception within disposable covers upon disinfection and sterilization. Room keys are delivered upon disinfection with a special electronic device. The informational leaflets are placed in display cases and are received directly by the guests.
Our Hotel Reception has made provision and provides:
a) Special medical equipment (medical kit) in case of a suspected positive case that includes disposable gloves, disposable surgical masks, sanitizers, disinfecting wipes, gowns, long-sleeved robes, and laser thermometers.
b) Protective vertical surfaces (plexiglass) between guests and employees.
c) Supply boxes for disinfectants, disposable surgical masks and gloves for guests in case they request them.
d) Regular disinfection of the Reception surfaces.
e) Proper arrangement of furniture and proper queue management in order to reduce waiting time. Avoid overcrowding at check-in / check-out and keep physical distancing.
g) Reminder signs on following hygiene guidelines.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING MEASURES
- In all areas of the hotel, floor signs have been placed to indicate proper distances.
Visitors are informed to keep a distance of at least 1.5m. from other visitors who do not travel with them, in all common areas of the hotel.
- Tables and chairs have been placed at the appropriate distance between each family or group of visitors, in accordance with the instructions of the authorities. The barstools have been removed to ensure the necessary physical distancing.
- Restaurant managers are in charge of overseeing physical distancing and implementation of the relevant protocols.
- TV screens in the hotel’s lounge area are used to deliver Covid – 19 informational messages and notifications.
- Additional information is sent by e-mail and posted in the official website or the social media of the hotel.
- The frequency of cleaning and disinfection has increased in all areas of the hotel with an emphasis on direct contact surfaces, such as the reception, door handles, shared WCs, room keys, staircase railings, dining surfaces, and seating areas. It is highly recommended to all guests to use their room WC instead of the shared ones.
- Hand sanitizers are installed at all hotel entrances, reception, common areas, and the swimming pool.
- All lounge areas and restaurants remain open to allow constant fresh air circulation.
KITCHEN – RESTAURANT – BAR
- Implementation of the HACCP system in the kitchen and food preparation stations.
- The restaurant, bar, etc. operate in accordance with the current legislative framework.
- Observance of basic preventive measures against the transmission of COVID-19 by the personnel.
- Providing hand sanitizer at the buffet entrance and regular checks by staff members that it is used by the guests.
- Keeping required social distancing when serving customers at the buffet.
- Installation of a protective vertical surface (sneeze guard).
- The buffet is served only by the catering staff, who will carry the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and follow the basic measures to avoid the transmission of COVID-19. The purpose of the measures is to avoid contact of the customer with the food and utensils of the buffet.
- The use of shared dispenser utensils and automatic serving machines (coffee, juice, etc.) is made only by the staff.
- Washing of hand towels, tablecloths and cutlery. It is recommended to avoid using restaurant linen and to use disposable tablecloths and napkins. In any case, they are changed to each new customer.
- Extending the opening time of the restaurant for the rotating feeding of the guests.
- Only packaged individual accompaniments are provided when drinking at the bar.
- According to the cleaning and disinfection protocol, the swimming pool operates following the standards of chlorination, PH regulation, and disinfection. The sunbeds and pool chairs are disinfected after each use and placed at a distance of 1.5m between them. Maximum number of swimmers at the pool: 26. Maximum number of swimmers at the kids pool: 3.
- Guests are strongly recommended to use the showers before and after entering the swimming pool.
- Children are not allowed to use the pool without the supervision of a parent.
- Operation of personal care services and other common facilities according to the current legal framework. These include services such as massage treatments, hair and limb care, hair salon and shared facilities, gym, sauna, jacuzzi.
- Installation of antiseptic hand solutions in all common areas in fixed or non-fixed devices (eg reception, shared WC)
- Use of Personal Protection Measures by spa staff.
- Instructions to the guests to avoid the use of common facilities in case they feel sick
- Rooms are cleaned and disinfected according to the provisions of the Health Protocols and the circular 19954/20.03.2020 of the Ministry of Health. Particular attention is paid to frequent contact surfaces (eg. door handles, tables, bedside tables, etc.).
- Room cleaning and ventilation between stays. All rooms at the property are well ventilated.
- Removal from the rooms of shared objects, such as menus, TV programs, magazines, etc.
- Fabric surfaces (e.g. furniture upholstery) are cleaned with a steam cleaner (temperature > 70°). Bed linen and towels are washed in high-temperature programs (70° or more) with the usual detergents.
- Bed linen and towels are placed in special, marked bags before being transported to the laundry areas.
- Maintaining the clean bed linen and towels in perfect sanitized condition during storage and before delivery to the premises of use (rooms, restaurant, etc.)
- Daily change of bed linen and towels only upon request by the guest. Less frequent room cleaning, unless requested otherwise by the guest, in order to reduce the chance of contact of the cleaning staff with a possible COVID19 positive case and further transmission.
- Air-condition units are regularly cleaned, according to the protocols of NOPH (NATIONAL ORGANIZATION OF PUBLIC HEALTH).
- Special cleaning and disinfection procedures in episode of a COVID – 19 positive case according to the respective Directives of NOPH
PRODUCTS – CLEANING AND DISINFECTION PROTOCOLS
- Our hotel uses approved cleaning products against viruses and bacteria and follows protocols that meet the instructions of NOPH.
- The cleaning carts are disinfected after each shift.
- P.O.S. terminals are disinfected after each use.
- Tables, bars, stools, chairs, etc. are disinfected after each use.
- Food storage containers are disinfected after each use.
- Food, beverage, and coffee-making stations are disinfected at least once an hour.
- Kitchens and food preparation stations are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at least once a day.
STAFF TRAINING & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Skopelos Holidays Hotel & Spa is one of the first hotels in Greece to receive the Greek state’s “Health First” certification, which proves that the company adheres to the relevant health protocols.
- The hotel personnel has attended a training program on the health protocols. The coordinator and department supervisors have been certified for their training.
- All employees follow the rules of personal hygiene.
- Staff members are informed to discreetly monitor the guests and properly manage a suspicious positive case of COVID19.
- In case of malaise, employees are advised to stay at home.
- Shared equipment is disinfected before, during and after each shift or use. This includes phones, keyboards, computers and other communication devices, P.O.S. payment terminals, kitchen utensils, food and beverage equipment such as coffee machines, tools, cleaning equipment, security keys and other direct contact items used throughout the hotel.
Skopelos Holidays Hotel & Spa is partnering with a doctor, who acts according to the instructions of the NOPH for examining suspected cases of COVID-19.
If you have any symptoms of fever, cough or shortness of breath please contact the hotel reception immediately.